Monday, November 21, 2011

Life as a Zazzler Associate

The Beginning con't
2nd entry... First post below

The feverish compulsion to design, upload, apply to product, describe, tag, classify and finally post for sale in my new online gift shop continued for weeks. I developed a rhythm waking at 3 or 4 a.m. to read and research anything I could find in the Zazzle blog, past news letters and Zazzle University until 8 a.m. when I would have to stop to do my other normal routine which - by the way - was totally an inconvenience. Terms like plexo, lens, Zbar and API suddenly became part of my vocabulary, and my feeling pretty stupid asking - for instance - what a plexo is in the forums became a constant companion.

From 10 a.m. on most days to 8 or 9 p.m. I resumed uploading and apply images to everything available completely disregarding Zazzle's recommendation to not stick a design on all sizes, colors and shapes of available product. I was manic and glassy-eyed with determination to get a ton of items into Visages. After all, hadn't I read somewhere in one of the forum posts I would increase my chances of selling if I had loads of gifts available?

I eagerly watched the store inventory climb: 100, 200, 500, 1,000 gifts each and everyone proudly displaying my creations of pencil drawings, photography, paintings, and digital designs I had stored on CDs. Never mind I developed carpal tunnel in my wrist and tendonitis in my arm or that my arthritic lower back throbbed with pain from sitting for hours without so much as getting up to relieve myself.

"No! Never mind that because I must create!" I reasoned unaware I had taken on the appearance of Dr. Frankenstein as he willed his monster-creation to life.

I lived on coffee; wouldn't wash my face nor brush my teeth until 11 a.m. or noon, and didn't take the time to brush my long hair that hangs to the top of my butt until it became so knotted that it was next to impossible to get the scrunchy out of it. Normal daily life was definitely getting into the way. It is here that I must compliment my mate. He was extremely patient with me especially when I would pace behind him and heave enormous sighs while he took a few minutes to check his email and update his Facebook page. He's a dear and good man.

He's sleeping now (2:30 a.m.) after having gotten up to get a drink of water and stating the obvious: "You're up at 1 o'clock in the morning!"

"Yeah, well... my back hurts, I couldn't sleep and I have to blog," I replied while stuffing a coffee filter into its plastic holder.

I think I'd better check to see if ol' Newt Gingrich has said anything new and worthy of displaying on a t shirt. According to Zazzle, Gingrich t shirts are hot right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and add your store links.

All comments are moderated